DomaIQ - Hvordan Fjernes Det?
DomaIQ is an adware that can display ads on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome web browsers. It operates as a browser add-on and can be added to all browsers mentioned before. Technically, it is not a virus but some users may think that way because it can be installed to systems without their users’ knowledge. This is because DomaIQ is distributed bundled with other free software that can be found on Internet. It is malicious and listed as a PUP (potentially unwanted program) due to displaying annoying pop-up ads on users’ computers. If your PC is infected with DomaIQ, every time you open your web browser, a new tab with a full-page banner ad will appear. In addition to that, DomaIQ also tracks your browsing activities, such as browsing history or search queries. Later on this information is handed to the third parties’ advertisers and they use it to adjust their ads in order to make them more attractive.
As mentioned before, DomaIQ is distributed via free software. Ie. every time you download and install some freebies, this malicious program can get installed alongside. If you want to avoid this happening, be very careful during the installation of free software. Always read terms and conditions and do not skip any steps. If possible, opt out for a custom or advanced install mode to make sure you are aware of what you are installing. In case your computer is already infected and you want to get rid of this malicious application, we highly recommend you to scan your PC with a trustworthy anti-malware program such as Spyhunter or malwarebytes. This will fix your problem. If you prefer to do it manually, just follow our DomaIQ removal guide below.
Using Control Panel to remove the main DomaIQ components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for DomaIQ and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing DomaIQ from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to DomaIQ and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing DomaIQ from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything DomaIQ related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing DomaIQ from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to DomaIQ. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.